Yes, my relationship with this blog is love/hate, hate/hate. Ketsy's 7 things made me laugh...well, it actually came out more like a weird burp, so I hope to return the favor, only don't expect so many witticisms. So, with expectations sufficiently low...
7 things you may not know, that I am proud of, embarrassed about (KT didn't really clarify, so I'm going with her own ambiguous interpretation.
1. I bite my toenails. I know, it's unequivocally gross, but it's amazing as a stress reliever. I think there must be infant oral issues somewhere there. What can I say? At least I'm not all stiff and UNABLE to do it like all you normal toenail clippers out there.
2. I still love watching strangers trip, stumble, bump into things, especially if they see that I saw and they try to act like it didn't happen. If anyone laughs back in my face, maybe I won't like it so much anymore. Until then, good times.
3. I am still truly amazed and a little disbelieving that my siblings and best friends are actually parents and adults. How long did I think it would be before we all grew up? It still floors me that we have mortgages (except me! and you think renting is unglamorous), children, callings of responsibility and influence, full time jobs. I still see everyone as if we're all still college age...except people that made me feel awkward in high school and then they are always high school age.
4. I am addicted to Last Chance shopping. It's this weird rush when those stupid doors roll up and then to find some treasures that would have been unattainable in the real world of Nordstrom shopping. I must be shallow to like it so much but the draw is undeniable.
5. I am intimidated by stupid Ketsy's 7 things and already feel like mine are not so revealing nor so entertaining.
6. When I read scriptures, especially if I read them out loud, I yawn with such vigor and intensity that I almost feel like something's wrong. Even thinking about it is making me yawn, right now! As if I needed to provide proof to you people.
7. I am approximately 12-15 credits shy of earning my degree and I'm bewildered when people ask me, "Why?" Like as if I had a great reason, then I wouldn't be an idiot for not finishing, or as if they want me to really think about it so that I'll get enough ambition/willpower to go back. One of the few things about that I causes me to feel genuine chagrin is the laptop that my parents gave me for Christmas the semester before I was to graduate (and didn't, obviously). They said, with pride, that it was both a Christmas AND graduation present. I still feel like a gomer for that. It's not like I could give it back, but still...
welcome 2011
15 years ago

10 comments:
Yea you are back!! Im so glad you listed your "things". Mine will definitely not be as entertaining as Ketsy either. But yours were funny! I too enjoy laughing at someone elses pain of embarrasment. Im so excited to hear what you are having. Hope to see ya tonight!
I enjoyed your seven tidbits. I just love the randomness of what we think of... Glad to see you back on the bloggggggggs. Love to hate it!
PS I yawn too.
You funny. I suppose now you don't have to do my tag. I was just trying to get you back into the blogging scene. I yawn too.
So I am at work and I yawn about a hundred times when I am counting my clients repetitions, it's embarrasing, I try to disguise it. Yea, so I loved reading your 7 random things - BUT I already knew all of them!! :) I love you, and everything that makes you, YOU!
I just love you guys. We miss not seeing you each week. How are you feeling Raquel? You guys will be the coolest parents! Hope to get together soon.
Hey Raquel! I think it's time that you blogged again! I want to see your ultrasound pics. I hear that you are adding a beautiful little lady to the Wood family... well, Peterson/Wood anyway. I also reccomend that you add my blog to your favorites list. It would really make me feel like a VIP. Love you!!!
Hey! It was so fun to see your page. We haven't seen you in forever. It would be fun to get caught up sometime.
love ya
Jennifer
loveatthepaynehome.blogspot.com
Long lost rock! Its been what almost 3 years now?! Crazy we lost touch for so long. So much has changed for the both of us in the last couple years huh. I am thrilled to know you and paul finally tied the knot! He was always so good to you. And you guys are expecting!!! Im so excited for you. Congrats. Being a mom is the best! You two are going to make the funniest parents!(how about that we always use to joke about the kind of moms we were gonna be.) Like how we use to go to parks and sit there and make fun of kids while they played. Lol. (how about the time we were doing that and I got stuck in that stupid "kiddie" swing and peed my dang pants laughing so hard!) Lol. Anything but knockin on those doors though right? I have so many hillarious memories of us. Like when I first met you, you had like five trillion dollars in mcdonalds bucks! LOL. Or how about that we got forcefully 86'd from our favorite sushi joint! (I still can't believe I didn't pee my pants when you called that guy a "bastard") LOL. The little pizza joint, manager guy: whats on the floor? "Umm, she spilled her pop-"?) Lol. Remeber when I put the "Cav" on two wheels turning into Don Jose's for some dang flan? LOL. Never has a human being consumed more flan, chips and salsa or rice and beans in a time period as we. LOl. 6 words for ya: middle aged asian women shopping cart. LOL. Here's a couple "2 word'ers" for ya: Candy+cane, Luisa+plunger, Austin+grover, Jerky+farts. LOL. hopefully your laughing cause Im about peeing my pants thinking about all the crap we did... Oh, wow, this "comment" has turned out to be more like a novel. Well I'd love to hear from ya, and incase I don't I wish ya the best of luck in all you do. You'll always have a special place in my heart- thanks for being such a great friend, xoxo stef
Hi! It's Susie Winston. Doesn't look like you get on your blog all that often, but if you do, come find me. Too fun to see this connection, please tell your whole family hello.
PS I loved your 7 things!
Post a Comment