Monday, April 27, 2009

Yeah, the zoo is SUCH a great idea.

So Aubry and I took the kids to the zoo the other day...actually it's been a while, but I had these pictures and laughed looking through them and it's been a slow week, so there you go. The zoo means hanging with the sis, good walking and even better intentions on being number one mom. Yeah, expand her horizons and learning. CRAP. She didn't really care and doesn't know any animals unless I make an idiot of myself with the sounds. Which, of course, I do.

Above was the first phase: vaguely happy to be out of the house. Below is the second phase: bored and tired...waaay too early in the excursion.

Third phase: screaming bloody murder, flapping her arms like it matters and kicking her stroller so hard I think she may pull a muscle, or at least a fat roll on her leg...seriously, why do I think it's so great to put her in booty shorts to see more of the chub?

Final phase, binkie in, stroller layed down, going out to the car. Notice there are no more pictures of me...sweaty hair, shiny face and Teddy Grahams in my teeth. I bring them for her and then end up emotionally eating them. It's quite a cycle.


So, moral of the story is that it's kind of lame to go to the zoo, even if I do feel great telling people I go all the time. And yet, I have the season pass, so I've been three times since...must make it a good value.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up. That made me LOL. Not LQBM. Do you like,think situations up before hand and then pose Nutmeg. You guys are so fun.

aubry startin said...

Yes,yes,yes, We had fun, too. I have some more cute shots from the zoo that I need to post and give you. Thanks for hanging out on Thurs, i loved being able to unload on you.

jessica said...

Hey, um.. do you think you can slow down on the gorgeous train a little? You are going to start setting the trend that you are supposed to get prettier and prettier the older you get, and quite frankly, I'm not sure I can keep up. :) It made me laugh when you said no more pics of you because of messy hair and a shiny face because that is what the zoo does to you! Seriously, every time. It's totally inevitable and it's wierd. I always love how you take us on your little precious' journey by taking step by step photos- it's perfect. It always makes me smile (even when that dollface isn't). I love you so much my soul sista and I always get so excited when I see you've updated your blog... no one can quite seem to post like you. :)

krystal said...

ha ha ha i am sitting here laughing at how you describe things because i feel like i am tottally there with you ha ha soo funny and I LOVE PRESELY she is such a chubby doll i love the booty shorts to :)

jessica said...

i AGREE at least you gave it more trys... kole is done for until at least the weather gets cooler so basically 6 more months ha!!!!!