Friday, October 24, 2008

Mixed bag, yo.

I sat Presley down in the black rocking chair in her room so I could keep one eyeball on her so I could blow dry my hair. But, when I actually did look at her from the bathroom, she looked so independent! I grabbed my camera to record the moment; I have totally mixed feelings about it. I used to hear moms cry about their kids growing up and I couldn't understand why that was upsetting. I mean, didn't they WANT to have less to do? What was the matter with them?













But now I have my little one, who used to need to be rocked to sleep and now prefers to be laid down when she's tired, who used to be perfectly content to lay on my lap and now prefers to sit up on her own, who used to need me for all things mealtime and now can hold her own bottle and sippy. And now I understand.

She didn't even look over when I took this picture. I love it and hate it at exactly the same time.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Woods: said...

Hi Rocky!-says Ray! Rocky! I love you because I miss you! I really want to come back and I want to see Presley!-Alie. Hiya Rocky! (again, Ray) Um, she looks entirely too old in this picture. I'm sorry that she has to grow up. Let's just take our kids to Neverland. That could be great. Just think, soon she'll be greeting you in the mornings with a song and a "Hi Mommy!" and oh the feelings you'll feel!

Aubree said...

How precious is she? She is getting big way too fast!! We missed you hunting this weekend..maybe next year?

Leslie said...

So sweet. Enjoy every minute with her!! Im excited for your big move and the get together at your new pad!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Presley is absolutely PRESH!! She is getting so big and I just love kissing her chunky CHEEKERS!!! :D

Ketsy said...

don't you hate the way you experience all the cliches you rejected pre-kids once you have your own? inevitable!

Anonymous said...

She's a doll!