Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dad turns 42!

Happy Birthday to Walter Benson Wood, my dad, on his 42 birthday! I won't steal Nicole's gift of posting a bazillion things great about the birthday guy, but I would love to take the opportunity to share with all of cyberspace how great I think my dad is.
My father seems to have ESPN (ha!) on how I'm doing, if everything is okay and makes it his business to know if I'm happy. He has made such a concerted effort, starting from when I was very young, to have a close personal relationship with me and I believe that has made all the difference. He inspires me to be better and to forgive myself when I'm less than.
I'm very proud to be his daughter and endlessly grateful that he's my father.



He also has a smokin' hot wife, shown below, who pretty much rocks in the mom department. Kinda want to be her...only married to Paul and not Walt...sorry Dad...

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Brother Wood. I just adore your parents. They are just such neat people and are so kind. Hope it's a great one for him! :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALTER! WE LOVE HIM IN IDAHO!

Woods: said...

Happy Birthday to THE best Father-in-law a girl could ask for! I have given up my birthday posts this year so I'm so glad you did a tribute to this awesome guy! Love him so much! Give him hugs from us!

Woods: said...

and he really doesn't look a day over 40...or less!

jessica said...

i love your parents too nice, caring and fun!! happy bday

Orange Juice said...

Raquel!! What fun to run into your blog!! You are so sweet and it sounds like you have such a good relationship with you dad!! It is so fun to see pictures and hear updates about your family!! I was a little jealous that my parents got to see yo u guys a few weeks ago!! Check out our blog and keep in touch!!
Alexis

Ketsy said...

Love to SuperWalt! He makes Ed Harris look like a train wreck. :)