Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore...

Is a baby really going to be part of my life? I'm now about a month away from the due date and the nursery is ready. Yep, I know it's not Posh Tots, but it's my best effort at what the experts call "nesting." Since I was pretty certain that I missed that memo in my character makeup, I was shocked at how fun it was to create the little room that would be my first's first. :)

Paul put together the crib. That's right, what a man. He's my hero.

I bought a changing table on Craig's list and then proceeded to paint, stencil and bling out the little flowers with rhinestones. I squealed with delight when I realized it wasn't going to be a total disaster.

Paul really spoiled me with this chair/rocker because what you can't see is the TV mounted to the wall. I think he's hoping it will help in my resolve to breastfeed if I can watch American Justice while I do it.

3 comments:

Everton Family said...

I've been waiting for this post! I finally get to see your darling baby's room! I'm so proud to be the first to comment on how great it is! I love the changing table...you should teach a class on how to do that, so original! I also love the colors you used and my favorite is the chair and TV! I've never heard of a TV in the baby's room but I think that is a brilliant idea! Two thumbs up!

aubry startin said...

So I am loving the Baby's room. You did great on the detail work for your changing table. You are going to LOVE having a TV in there and that plush chair is going to be awesome. Let's layout on Thurs. Call me

Woods: said...

I Love this room. When Ray & Alie are in school (yeah right), Jenna & I will come over and hang out in Presley's pretty room. You've done quite an outstanding job, it's true. Laying out Thurs. huh? See ya there. ;)